Coffee Kombucha Recipe
Yield 3 quarts
Make kombucha from coffee and avoid the fluoride in tea. This energy boosting tangy drink is easy and delicious.
- Add the sugar to the coffee while it is still hot and stir to dissolve.
- Let the coffee cool to room temperature.
- Pour the brewed coffee into a gallon size glass jar.
- Add the SCOBY and the 1 Tablespoon of brewed kombucha to the jar.
- Cover with cheesecloth or a coffee filter and a rubber band.
- Let sit at room temperature for 3-5 days or until it reaches desired flavor. It will still be slightly tangy and bitter at this point.
- Remove the SCOBY and use to make a new batch.
- Pour the brewed coffee kombucha into quart size mason jars or bottles for the second ferment.
- Divide the simple syrup and stevia evenly between the jars or bottles.
- Place airtight lids on the glass jars and leave at room temperature for an additional 24-48 hours for a second ferment. This will add carbonation and a little more sweetness to the brew.
- Refrigerate and serve cold as desired. I recommend serving over ice and adding coconut milk and additional flavored stevia to taste if desired.
If you want, you can make half a batch with only 1.5 quarts of coffee and ½ cup sugar.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 3 mg
Total Carbohydrates 56.3 g
Sugars 16.3 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/55298/coffee-kombucha/