Grain-Free Taco Scramble Recipe (Easy, Healthy, and Delicious!)
Yield 4 -6
An easy stir fry with Tex-Mex flavors. This is a great fast meal for a busy night and is also delicious for breakfast!
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef (or turkey, pork, venison, bison, etc.)
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- 2 medium yellow squash or zucchini, diced
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach (2-3 ounces)
- Spices to taste: I use about 1 tablespoon each of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and fresh cilantro. Or use a prepared (but homemade) Taco Seasoning Mix.
- Optional toppings: cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado slices, cilantro, fresh lime
- Brown the ground beef until well cooked in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Remove and set aside.
- Chop and add onions, peppers, and squash or zucchini to the pan and saute, stirring constantly, until starting to soften.
- Return meat to pan. Spice to taste (this will really vary by family preferences).
- Add fresh spinach and continue to cook just until spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat and serve with any desired toppings.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/5432/taco-scramble/