Grain-Free Taco Scramble Recipe (Easy, Healthy, and Delicious!)
Yield 4 -6
An easy stir-fry with Tex-Mex flavors. This is a great fast meal for a busy night and is also delicious for breakfast!
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 medium yellow squash or zucchini, diced
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach
- spices to taste such as 1 TBSP each of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and fresh cilantro. Or use ¼ cup of a taco seasoning mix
- toppings such as cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado slices, cilantro, fresh lime (optional)
- Brown the ground beef until cooked in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add chopped onions, peppers, and squash or zucchini to the pan and saute, stirring constantly, until starting to soften.
- Return meat to pan.
- Spice to taste (this will really vary by family preferences).
- Add fresh spinach and continue to cook just until spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat and serve with any desired toppings.
To use as a breakfast scramble, simply make a frittata or put in an omelet.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.2 g
Saturated Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 1280 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19.1 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 17.6 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/5432/taco-scramble/