Pizza Stir Fry Recipe (Like Pizza With Extra Veggies!)
Yield 6 servings
An easy stir fry that kids love! Instead of a refined flour crust, this simple stir-fry has all the flavors of pizza with a bunch of healthy veggies for a delicious, but guilt-free meal!
- 1 lb ground nitrate-free Italian sausage
- 1 lb zucchini or yellow squash
- 1-2 cups mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 10 oz nitrate-free pepperoni, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- canned black olives, banana peppers, or bell pepper slices (optional)
- 1 cup cooked pasta or pizza sauce to top (optional)
- mozzarella or Parmesan cheese to top (optional)
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until cooked.
- While cooking, peel and dice the zucchini and onion and slice the mushrooms.
- Remove sausage from pan and add vegetables.
- Saute until starting to get tender.
- Add the sausage back in.
- Separate pepperoni slices and add.
- Add spinach and black olives, banana peppers, or very thinly sliced fresh peppers if using.
- Cook until all are heated and spinach is wilted.
- Spice to taste
- When cooked, top with pasta or pizza sauce and cheese if using.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 42.5 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 113 mg
Sodium 1365 mg
Total Carbohydrates 6.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 27.5 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/5394/pizza-stir-fry/