Shrimp Carbonara Sweet Potato "Pasta" Recipe
Yield 4 -6
An easy, creamy shrimp sauce over a pasta made of sweet potatoes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter or coconut oil in a large skillet and add the sweet potato "noodles." Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until noodles are starting to get tender but are not mushy yet.
- Remove from pan and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, peas/asparagus, and the remaining tablespoon of butter or oil if needed.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent and peas are bright green and tender.
- Add the shrimp and saute another 5-6 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
- Add the Parmesan and cream/coconut milk and spices.
- Stir 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Serve shrimp cream sauce over sweet potato "noodles" and sprinkle with bacon.
You can omit the Parmesan and cream completely if you'd prefer more of a stir fry type dish.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 22.7 g
Saturated Fat 11.4 g
Cholesterol 219 mg
Sodium 1267 mg
Total Carbohydrates 38.2 g
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 30.4 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/5350/shrimp-carbonara-pasta/