Yield 4 -6
An easy one-pan skillet meal with delicious flavor and aroma. Kids love this!
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef (or venison, buffalo, etc) (I get from US Wellness meats)
- 1 (15 ounce) can or jar of diced tomatoes (organic, no BPA), drained or 2 medium fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or more to taste
- 3-4 medium sweet potatos, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and garlic powder (or more to taste)
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add diced onion. Cook three minutes or until starting to become translucent.
- Add ground meat and cook until well browned. While cooking, add curry powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and garlic salt.
- Once meat is browned, add the diced tomatoes (drain off liquid first!), peeled and diced sweet potatoes, green beans and any additional spices if needed.
- Cover pan and simmer 20+ minutes or until sweet potatoes have softened. Check after ten minutes and add a couple tablespoons of water or chicken broth if needed.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/5228/pakistani-kima/