Chard Wrapped Salmon Recipe (Easy & Healthy Meal!)
An easy and sophisticated salmon dish that is oven baked with Swiss chard for an extra veggie boost.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grease the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold all the fish you are cooking.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- Sprinkle salmon with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Zest orange carefully over the salmon filets.
- With a knife, remove the remaining peel from the outside of the orange to expose the flesh.
- Thinly slice the oranges across the sections.
- On a cutting board, put a large chard leaf. If you can, slice the rib partially out and cut off the stem to make the leaf more bendable.
- Place a piece of fish in the middle of the chard leaf, then thinly slice one tablespoon of butter and put on top of the fish.
- Put several of the orange slices on top of this.
- Wrap each chard leaf around the fish like you would wrap a gift and place seam-side down on the baking dish. Use another chard leaf if needed to make sure fish is completely wrapped.
- Repeat with other chard and fish.
- Sprinkle the tops of the wrapped salmon with sea salt and place in the oven.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Assemble these ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator until time to cook.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 23.4 g
Saturated Fat 9.1 g
Cholesterol 132 mg
Sodium 657 mg
Total Carbohydrates 15 g
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 38.9 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/5023/chard-wrapped-salmon/