Shrimp & Cucumber Appetizers
Yield 2 -4
A fresh and light appetizer of shrimp on top of cucumber slices with cream cheese.
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup strained Greek yogurt or cream cheese
- 1 tsp dried or fresh dill (optional)
- pinch of sea salt and sprinkle of pepper
- 12 precooked shrimp
- Peel the cucumber in alternating strips to leave a striped look on the outside.
- Slice the cucumber into ¼ to ½ inch slices and put on a plate.
- Mix the strained greek yogurt or cream cheese with the dill, salt, and pepper.
- Put a small amount of the yogurt mix on top of each piece of cucumber and top each one with a shrimp.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to six hours.
Strain yogurt by placing it in a cheesecloth or towel over a bowl for a few hours and use the part left in the towel. You can also use cream cheese, but this version has probiotics.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.2 g
Saturated Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 149 mg
Sodium 267 mg
Total Carbohydrates 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 35.7 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/4848/shrimp-cucumber-appetizers/