Shrimp & Cucumber Appetizers
Yield 2 -4
A fresh and light appetizer of shrimp on top of cucumber slices with cream cheese.
- 1 cucumber (organic if possible since you are leaving some of the skin on)
- 1/2 cup strained greek yogurt (strain it through a cheesecloth or towel for a few hours and use the part left in the towel. You can also use cream cheese, but this version has probiotics)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or fresh)(optional)
- pinch of sea salt and sprinkle of pepper
- 10-12 shrimp (precooked)
- Peel the cucumber in alternating strips to leave a striped look on the outside.
- Slice the cucumber into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and put on a plate.
- Mix the strained greek yogurt or cream cheese with the dill, salt and pepper.
- Put a small amount of the yogurt mix on top of each piece of cucumber and top each one with a (precooked) shrimp.
- Serve immediately or keep in fridge up to six hours.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/4848/shrimp-cucumber-appetizers/