Slow Cooker Boston Butt Recipe
Yield 8 +
An easy slow-cooker barbecue recipe with flavors of pineapple and spices.
- Thinly slice onions and place in bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Rinse the boston butt and place on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle with spices and pour the whole can of pineapple juice over it. Add apple cider vinegar. If using fresh pineapple, peel, core, and thin chop the pineapple and place over pork.
- Put lid on crock pot and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until fork tender. Don't open until at least 8 hours and then check for tenderness.
- Shred with two forks to make pulled pork and top with barbecue sauce if using.
For the Instant Pot: Follow steps 1-3 as written. Instead of using a slow cooker, place in the Instant Pot and set on manual for 60 minutes. Let cook and let steam release naturally after cooking.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/4827/boston-butt/