Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice Recipe (Gluten Free & Delicious!)
Yield 4 -6
A nutrient packed fried "rice" made from cauliflower!
- 1 head of cauliflower, fresh (Must be fresh! frozen is not firm enough for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh carrots, finely chopped
- about 8 fresh green beans, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons naturally fermented soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sesame oil or coconut oil
- salt, pepper and garlic powder (about 1/2 to 1 tsp of each)
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and with tails removed
- Get the cauliflower into rice sized pieces by grating, using a food processor or chopping by hand with a chef's knife.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil or coconut oil until melted.
- Add the cauliflower and stir.
- Quickly chop the carrots and green beans.
- Add the carrots, green beans and peas to the pan and continue to stir until vegetables are starting to get tender.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the soy sauce or coconut aminos and the spices.
- Move the veggies to the side, making a circle in the middle of the pan. Drop the egg into the circle and leave for about a minute until starting to cook.
- Scramble the egg into the rest of the mixture.
- Add the shrimp and cook until just done.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/4594/shrimp-fried-rice/