I must admit, smothered pork chops were something I had not tried before we switched to all real food eating, so I don’t technically know how they are supposed to taste. I do know that this version is really, really good, so while it may not be an exact replica of the not-so-healthy version, it is delicious!
Delicious Smothered Pork Chops!
These smothered pork chops are also a very quick meal and my husband and kids all love it. It came together in less than 30 minutes and only requires one pan to prepare!
Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the egg and water and whisk until smooth.
- On a plate, combine the almond flour with half of the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix.
- Rinse each pork chop well and pat dry.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture and then in the almond flour.
- Put each pork chop into the pre-heated skillet with the oil and cook about 5 minutes per side until starting to brown.
- While the pork chops are cooking, thinly slice the onions and mushrooms.
- Remove the pork chops and place them on a plate.
- Add the onions to the pan and sprinkle with remaining spices.
- Cook and stir until caramelized and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Scoot the onions to the side and return the pork chops to the pan.
- Spread the onions on top of and between the pork chops.
- Add the heavy cream and coconut milk and cook over medium low heat for an additional 5-8 minutes until most of the milk has evaporated and the sauce has started to thicken.
- When sauce has thickened and pork chops are tender, serve each pork chop with a spoonful of the onion/mushroom sauce on top.
Do you eat pork chops? Ever tried a healthy version? Share below!