Iced Lime Dandelion Tea Recipe
Yield 8 +
Make iced tea with dandelion flowers and lime juice for a refreshing summer drink.
- Pick the dandelions fresh and place in a colander. Get only the yellow parts of the flower and pull off any leaves (use in salads) and stems.
- Rinse well with cool water.
- In a jar or cup, pour the hot water over the stevia leaf and dried red raspberry leaf if using and stir well. If using another sweetener, put it in the warm water instead.
- Let steep 5-8 minutes and then strain off the herbs.
- Pour the sweetened liquid from the stevia/raspberry leaf into a gallon size glass jar.
- Add the juice of the limes and then the cool water and stir well.
- Add the dandelion flowers and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or until completely chilled and serve. You can strain out the flowers or pour them into the cups. Bonus points if you freeze them into ice cubes for decoration! :)
- Use within 36 hours for best taste.
Don't pick dandelions form areas where pesticides have been sprayed or animals may have pooped!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 8 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1.5 g
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 0.1 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/4505/iced-lime-dandelion-tea/