Healthy Homemade Jello Recipe
Yield 4 -6
A recipe for making homemade jello without added sugar or artificial ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups of organic or freshly juiced fruit juice of choice (grape, pineapple, orange or a mix of orange and pineapple are all good!)
- 1/4 cup cool water
- 1/4 cup hot (almost boiling) water
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher Pasture-raised Gelatin Powder (green lid)
- 1-2 cups of fresh fruit (optional) - Pineapple, strawberries, blueberries and orange slices are all really good
- Note: Can double recipe.
- Pour the cool water in a large mixing cup or quart sized mason jar and add the gelatin powder.
- Stir briskly until mixed- it will start to thicken a lot.
- Add the 1/4 cup of really hot water and stir to mix- it should be thinner now.
- Combine this with the juice and mix well.
- Put the fruit into the container that you are going to make the jello in. 8x8 baking dishes work well.
- Pour the jello mixture over the fruit and stir lightly to make sure it has coated the fruit too.
- Put in the fridge, covered, for at least 2-3 hours or overnight and serve.
- Can cut into cubes or scoop out with a melon spoon to make cute shapes.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/3803/healthy-jello/