Coconut Water Kefir Recipe
Delicious water kefir made with coconut water for additional electrolytes and nutrients.
- Add ¼ cup of sugar to the jar, if using.
- Add coconut water to the jar.
- Stir thoroughly to dissolve the sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup of kefir grains to the sweetened coconut water.
- Cover with a plastic lid, cloth cover or Fermentation Cap.
- Let sit for 24-48 hours - no longer than 72 hours or the grains will begin to disintegrate.
- Coconut water kefir is like tangy coconut water. If the sugar is omitted, taste it after 24 hours. If using the 1/4 cup of sugar, allow for 48 hours.Once the grains are removed, you may add flavors for a second fermentation or drink straight.
- Repeat & enjoy!
White sugar and organic evaporated cane juice crystals are the best choices with the coconut water.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/37279/coconut-water-kefir-recipe/