Parsnip Fries with Harissa Mayo Recipe
Yield 4 servings
Buttery, crunchy parsnip fries with a homemade harissa mayo dipping sauce.
For the Fries:
For the Mayo:
To make the fries:
- Peeling the parsnips and cut them lengthwise into fry-sized sticks.
- Put the fries into a large bowl of cold water and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Heat the tallow in a heavy bottomed pot to 325°F or until the oil bubbles around the handle of a wooden spoon. Careful, it’s hot!
- Drain and pat dry the fries with a paper towel.
- Work in batches to fry parsnips until they turn light gold in color, around 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- When all the parsnips have been fried, increase the heat to 375°F and fry them in batches a second time. This allows the fries to get perfectly crispy.
- Remove from oil, drain on a paper towel, and season immediately with sea salt and smoked paprika.
- Snack, savor, and enjoy hot with the harissa mayo.
To make the Mayo:
- Combine the red peppers, garlic, tomato paste, and spices in a small food processor.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Season to taste with salt and store in the refrigerator.
You could also make your own mayo from scratch!
Don't throw out your tallow -- you can use it a few times.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 45.8 g
Saturated Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 47 mg
Sodium 1338 mg
Total Carbohydrates 32.8 g
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 2.6 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/37215/parsnip-fries-recipe/