Roasted Carrot Coulis Recipe
Yield 5-6 servings
A creamy and slightly sweet roasted carrot side dish that pairs well with just about anything. Serve in place of mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes, or turn it into a sauce or a dip!
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced into big rings
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 carrots, peeled and chopped in large pieces (about 2 pounds)
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped in large pieces
- 4 TBSP olive or avocado oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lay first four ingredients out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix well to coat.
- Roast for 15 minutes and turn veggies over halfway through cooking time.
- Cool slightly.
- Place roasted vegetables, red peppers, basil, and remaining extra-virgin olive oil into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Thin with a little extra EVOO if a thinner sauce is desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Bulk Cooking Option:
- Double or triple the recipe (increase cooking time slightly) and portion coulis into freezer bags or silicone molds.
- Squeeze out extra air and freeze flat if using freezer bags.
- Thaw and serve when needed.
Courses side dish
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.7 g
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19.7 g
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 2.3 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/345419/carrot-coulis/