Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Roasted veggies paired with tangy goat cheese rest on field greens. Top it off with balsamic vinaigrette.
- 6 red, orange, and green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups field greens or baby spinach
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place a baking stone in the oven and preheat oven to 400°F. If not using a baking stone just preheat the oven and get out baking sheet
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced vegetables with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss and coat everything.
- Place the veggies on the baking stone or baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until browned and soft.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the vinaigrette by combining the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking vigorously. This will emulsify the oil and vinegar to create a smooth texture. Continue until well combined.
- To serve, plates with equal portions of field greens. Top the greens with cooked vegetables, goat cheese, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Pair with a meat for a full meal. Serve it on the side or slice it and put it on top of the salad itself!
This recipe makes about 1 cup of vinaigrette. If you don't use it all, store the rest in a mason jar in the refrigerator for next time.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 36 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 654 mg
Total Carbohydrates 23.9 g
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 7 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/345035/roasted-vegetable-salad/