Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe
Yield 8 -10
A healthy carrot cake made with coconut flour and a lot of eggs for extra protein. Filling and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the raisins or dates, coconut milk, and warm water and blend until smooth. This will create a sweet liquid base for the batter.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree or applesauce and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Add coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix until well incorporated.
- Add melted coconut oil or butter and mix well.
- By hand, stir in crushed pineapple, grated carrot, shredded coconut, and honey if using. You can also wait and drizzle honey on top after baking.
- Add extra coconut milk or pineapple juice if needed to thin. It should be spreadable, not pourable.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60-90 minutes, until middle is set and no longer soft. Coconut flour takes a while to bake, so be patient. You might also need to reduce heat and cook longer, depending on your oven.
- When done baking, remove and let cool.
- Whisk together ingredients for icing and spread over cake just before serving.
Make into muffins for a fun hand-held treat, just reduce cooking time accordingly!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 27.8 g
Saturated Fat 20.6 g
Cholesterol 148 mg
Sodium 271 mg
Total Carbohydrates 30.5 g
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 8.6 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/3405/grain-free-carrot-cake/