Simple Guacamole Recipe
Yield 6 +
An incredibly simple guacamole recipe with minimal ingredients to mimic the original Aztec variations.
- 3 rips avocados
- 1/2 cup organic salsa (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, optional
- The juice of one lime (optional) - Suggested by readers to help maintain color and for flavor
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the salsa and spices and mash with a fork until just incorporated but still lumpy.
- Serve with carrot slices or plantain chips for a healthy and filling meal or snack.
Using pre-made salsa makes this recipe incredibly easy and fast. If you don't have any organic or homemade salsa or don't like the flavor of salsa in guacamole, substitute:1 medium size ripe tomato, diced1/4 cup very finely diced red onion2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/3339/guacamole-recipe/