Tuna Casserole Recipe (Gluten Free)
Make this easy tuna casserole recipe for a quick weeknight dinner with extra protein.
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni noodles (gluten free)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 2 cups cottage cheese (I prefer the Good Culture brand because it's grass-fed and organic with no gums or fillers)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk (unsweetened and unflavored almond milk works well too)
- 2 cans wild caught tuna, drained
- cheese to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni noodles until mostly cooked but make sure to keep it al dente and not cook too soft as it will cook more in the oven.
- Beat eggs and add salt, pepper, mustard, cottage cheese, sour cream, and milk.
- In a 4-quart casserole dish (or 9x13), carefully mix the cooked noodles, cottage cheese mixture, and tuna.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- If desired, remove cover and top with cheese and heat until melted.
Tip: Sub in spaghetti squash noodles or konjac noodles for a grain free option. Just know that the texture will be different.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.4 g
Saturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 308 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26.5 g
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
Protein 28.3 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/317930/tuna-casserole/