Easy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Yield 4 -6
Eggplant Parmesan breaded in coconut flour with healthy grain free sauce!
- About an hour before preparing, peel eggplant and slice into ¼ to ½ inch slices.
- Place eggplant in strainer and sprinkle heavily with salt.
- Let sit for 45 mins to 1 hour. This sweats the eggplant and makes it much less bitter.
- After about an hour, rinse well with water and pat dry.
- Put lard, tallow, or coconut oil in a large skillet and turn on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix coconut flour, arrowroot, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, garlic, and spices in large bowl or on a large plate.
- In a medium size bowl, beat eggs with heavy cream, if using.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, then in coconut flour mixture, and place in hot oil in skillet.
- Cook approximately 4 minutes per side until browned.
- As eggplant finishes, place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour pasta sauce over the eggplant and then top with Parmesan and mozzarella, if desired.
- Place in oven until cheese is melted and sauce is heated.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 28.8 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 117 mg
Sodium 1470 mg
Total Carbohydrates 64.3 g
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 17.7 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2809/eggplant-parmesan/