Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
Yield 18 cups
A delicious and hearty warm vegetable soup that is packed with nutrients.
- Pour the water into a large stock pot.
- Add the chicken, bring to a boil, and boil until cooked. If using chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken, chicken broth can be used in place of water.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop all the vegetables.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from water and set it aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped celery, carrots, onions, and garlic cloves to boiling water. and chop into small pieces.
- Add all the herbs and spices.
- Boil until the vegetables are cooked, but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken into small pieces.
- Add the spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, and chicken to the pot.
- While stirring, add the beaten eggs slowly (it will look similar to egg drop soup). Boil 2 minutes until eggs are cooked, remove from heat and serve.
Feel free to omit the eggs if you can't have them.
This soup freezes great!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 69 mg
Sodium 138 mg
Total Carbohydrates 6.1 g
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 8 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/276/chicken-vegetable-soup/