Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe
Yield 1 /2 cup
- One egg yolk, at room temperature (very important it is not cold!)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mustard (or mustard powder)
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 1/2 tsp anchovy paste (optional but recommended)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- 2 TBSP parmesan cheese (omit for dairy free)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk egg yolk with whisk or blender on low speed.
- Add apple cider vinegar and the next 6 ingredients and blend until creamy.
- Slowly add olive oil, stirring or blending on low speed constantly until incorporated.
- Season to taste.
- Note: If it doesn’t incorporate well, your egg might still have been too cold! If needed, let sit at room temperature another 10 minutes, and whisk or blend again.
This recipe is definitely best right after it is made, but may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2684/caesar-dressing-recipe/