One Pan Spaghetti Recipe Over Cabbage Noodles (Grain Free!)
Yield 4 -6
A grain free, cabbage based spaghetti recipe that packs extra nutrition from the vegetables while maintaining the delicious taste of spaghetti.
- 1 (or more) pounds of ground beef (grass fed if possible)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 head of cabbage
- 24 ounces (about three cups) of spaghetti sauce (I make my own, but there are a few good store-bought brands. Look for a glass jar with no added sugars or chemicals)
- Extra spices to taste (basil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, etc)
- 1-2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Brown the meat in a large oven safe skillet (like cast iron). If using grass fed, it will be lean, so add a few tablespoons of tallow or olive oil to make sure it has a little oil and doesn't stick.
- While meat is browning, peel onions, cut in half and thinly slice. When meat is almost browned, add the onions and cook until meat is done.
- While onions/meat are finishing, thinly slice cabbage into "noodle" thin pieces as you would for sauerkraut.
- Add cabbage (may have to add in several batches as it cooks down, depending on the size of your skillet)
- Add any spices at this point to taste.
- When cabbage is cooked until soft and it is spiced to your taste, add the sauce and stir well.
- If adding cheese, put on top and put into oven on broil to melt cheese.
- Remove and serve (with salad and a garlic version of Coconut Flour Biscuits)
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2661/one-pan-spaghetti/