How To Make Fermented Salsa
Yield 6 +
Homemade salsa with a probiotic twist- naturally lactofermented to add extra nutrients and flavor.
- 2.5-3 lbs of tomatoes of choice
- 1-2 onions
- 4 (or more) cloves of minced garlic
- Fresh Cilantro to taste (I use 1/2 cup or more)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 TBSP sea salt or celtic salt
- Spices to taste (I use oregano, pepper, cumin, chili, and cayenne)
- Peppers (sweet or spicy.. I use cayenne and habanero but sweet peppers work great too if you don't like spicy!)
- 1/2 cup whey (make your own!)
- Chop tomatoes, peppers, onion and cilantro and mince garlic. If you have a food processor, your could definitely use it to speed up this step!
- Toss all ingredients into large bowl
- Add the juice of the lemon and lime
- Add salt and spices to taste
- Add whey and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour into quart of half gallon size mason jars and cap tightly.
- Leave on the counter for approximately 2 days.
- Transfer to fridge or cold storage (oh, I wish I had a cellar or basement!)
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2643/fermented-salsa/