Vanilla Extract Recipe
Homemade natural vanilla extract with only two ingredients is amazing and fragrant for baking, cooking or coffee.
- 8 ounces of organic or non-GMO Spiced Rum, Brandy, Bourbon or Vodka
- 7-8 Vanilla Beans
- A glass jar (taller is better)
- Slice vanilla beans in half lengthwise to reveal inside of beans. Cut if needed to make them fit into your jar.
- Place in glass jar.
- Pour alcohol over the beans.
- Cap tightly and shake gently.
- Store in a cool, dark place for at least a month, shaking occasionally. I prefer to leave 2-3 months for best flavor. I also just use straight from the jar and replenish the alcohol as I go.
Note: If you need a sweeter vanilla extract for a recipe, just add a little raw honey or maple syrup for a corn-syrup and refined sugar free option.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/26180/vanilla-extract/