Simple Shrimp Bisque Recipe
Yield 6 +
A delicious creamy bisque with shrimp and subtle flavors of shallots, carrots and celery in a broth base. Nourishing and delicious!
- 1 pound shrimp, wild caught
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- dash of hot sauce, optional
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add finely diced shallot, garlic, carrots and celery.
- Saute until tender (about 10-12 minutes).
- Add wine to deglaze (if using) and cook 30 seconds to evaporate.
- Add chicken broth, hot sauce and spices and use an immersion blender to puree until completely smooth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Rough chop the shrimp and add to pan. If pre-cooked, just cook until warm. If shrimp are raw, simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cooked and pink.
- Stir in heavy cream and simmer 4 minutes until just thickened.
- Serve immediately, or for better flavor, refrigerate overnight and reheat slowly before serving.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2571/shrimp-bisque-recipe/