Ever since I made my first basic lotion bars, I’ve been experimenting with fun variations and natural scents. Lotion bars are wonderful because they are used on dry skin and are a concentrated lotion that leaves skin feeling like silk.
Moroccan Oils Lotion Bar Recipe
At first, I just made these in silicon molds (and I still love making them this way) but once I discovered that I could make them in empty deodorant containers and that this would make application easier, I’ve been making them as gifts.
These Moroccan oils lotion bars combine so many of my favorite ingredients:
- Shea Butter to soften and protect skin
- Coconut Oil to nourish skin (I get it at a discount here)
- Beeswax to form a protective barrier on skin and make the lotion bars last longer
- Optional: Argan Oil to hydrate skin (also good for getting rid of stretch marks) It is expensive but amazing for skin. I use one drop per day to moisturize my face
- Bronze Mica Powder for color (also optional) This adds a faint shimmer to the skin
I used these empty white deodorant tubes to make these lotion bars in but there are more decorative ones available if you are planning to give them as gifts. If I give them as gifts in these tubes, I usually glue a piece of burlap around them and tie with twine for a natural look.
Bronzing Lotion Bar Ingredients
- ½ cup shea butter (measured solid)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (get it here)
- ½ cup beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon argan oil
- 10 drops each of: Peppermint, Basil, Orange and Lemon essential oils (optional)
- 5 drops each of Neroli, Chamomile and Fennel essential oils(optional)
- 1 tablespoon (or more) Bronze Mica Powder
Lotion Bar Instructions
- Melt shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler until completely melted.
- Add Argan Oil (if using) and essential oils (if using).
- Stir well to incorporate.
- Add Bronze Mica Powder (if using)
- Quickly pour into empty deodorant containers or molds.
- Makes enough to fill five empty deodorant containers.
- Apply to dry skin as needed.
What are your favorite essential oils to use?