Whey and Cream Cheese Recipe
Yield 4 +
How to make whey for fermenting vegetables and other foods and get probiotic cream cheese!
- 32 oz full fat organic plain yogurt
- cheesecloth or thin dish towel
- Pour the desired amount of yogurt into a cheesecloth or thin towel.
- Pull the ends of the towel up and secure with string or a rubber band.
- Tie the towel with yogurt in it to a cabinet handle and position a medium size bowl underneath.
- Leave it alone overnight to drip. The dripping liquid is whey.
- In the morning, if the dripping has stopped, pour the whey in the bowl into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to six months.
- The yogurt left in the towel is actually cream cheese now. Put it in its own container and use as you would store-bought cream cheese.
- Make sure the towel is thin, as it will absorb too much of the whey if it is a very absorbent towel.
- Use the whey for homemade salsas, sauerkraut, fermented veggies or pickles and more.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 0.8 g
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 0.1 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2402/how-to-make-whey/