Coconut Flour Pancakes Recipe
Grain free coconut flour pancakes that are packed with protein for a healthy and filling breakfast.
- 5 eggs (free range if possible)
- 1 cup of homemade applesauce (readers have verified that store bought (no sugar added!) and fresh raw applesauce also work)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (plus a little more if you need it to thicken)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cinnamon to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- favorite add-ins and toppings of choice (we like adding blueberries and topping with butter or homemade cream)
- 2 T honey (optional)
- Heat large skillet or pancake griddle
- Mix all ingredients except any add-ins with blender, whisk or immersion blender and let sit 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add berries, bananas, or other add-ins and mix by hand
- Grease griddle or skillet with coconut oil or butter
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to spoon pancakes onto cooking surface
- Cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side until it bubbles and is easy to flip. These do take a little longer than "regular" pancakes, so don't rush them!
- Top with butter (it makes everything better!) and enjoy!
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2354/coconut-flour-pancakes/