Thyme Facial Steam
Thyme is a culinary herb that can also be used as a natural remedy in some cases. It is very potent and should be used with caution but it is especially helpful for coughs and congestion when used in this facial steam.
- 1 quart of water
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaf
- 1 teaspoon mint leaf
- 1 teaspoon eucalyptus leaf (optional)
- Boil water in a large pot or tea kettle.
- Place herbs in a large stock pot and pour boiling water over herbs.
- Lean head over pot with herbs and water (it should be steaming).
- Cover head with a towel to seal in the steam from the pot.
- Carefully breathe in the steam in slow deep breaths.
- Do this for 5-8 minutes.
- This should help loosen congestion and reduce coughing.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2346/thyme-herb-profile/