Grain Free Eggs Benedict Recipe
- Prepare the coconut flour biscuits and put into the oven.
- Put bacon on a baking sheet and put into the oven also for about 10-12 minutes (about the same amount of time as biscuits)
- While they are baking, make the hollandaise sauce. (Note: if you can't eat dairy, you can use coconut oil or ghee in place of butter in the hollandaise sauce, though it does change the flavor). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In well oiled skillet, crack the eggs (may have to do several batches) being careful not to break the yolks. Cook just until yolks are barely set but still soft.
- When biscuits are done, take out and put onto plates.
- As eggs finish cooking, place one egg on top of each biscuit. Top with cheese if using.
- Put one piece of bacon (cut in half) on top of each egg.
- Top with a spoonful of Hollandaise sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Note: You can also use two of the biscuits to make a breakfast sandwich and omit the Hollandaise sauce. We've also made a variation using breakfast sausage. Because of all the proteins and healthy fats, these are very filling! I can only eat one, though my 4 year old can eat 2-3.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2252/eggs-benedict/