Perfect Hollandaise Sauce
Yield 4 +
Delicious and creamy homemade hollandaise sauce.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 2-3 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter and make sure it is just warm, not hot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with lemon juice and spices until smooth.
- Put the bowl with the egg yolks on top of a small pan of boiling water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water) or in a double boiler.
- Immediately whisk the egg yolks constantly while slowly adding the melted butter in.
- Once well incorporated, continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes (approximately) until it starts to thicken.
- Use immediately, or remove from heat and cover until serving.
- If it thickens or starts to separate, mix in a 1/2 tsp or so of warm water before serving.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2220/hollandaise-sauce/