Herb Infused Compound Butter Recipes
Yield ½ cup
Herb infused compound butters combine the fat soluble vitamins in butter with the flavor and health benefits of various herbs for a delicious and simple condiment.
- ½ cup of butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 TBSP fresh basil leaves
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- Soften butter to room temperature and place in a medium bowl.
- Finely chop all herbs and add them to the bowl with the butter.
- Mince garlic as finely as possible and add it to the bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl if using and mix with a fork until all the herbs are evenly incorporated.
- Place the mixture into a piece of parchment paper or wax paper and form into a roll/stick.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least four hours (or overnight if possible).
- Serve on meats, vegetables, or whatever sounds good!
- See variations below.
Flavor Variations (blend in these instead of the herbs in the recipe above):
- The zest of one organic lemon and one organic lime (great on fish)
- 3 TBSP toasted pecans or walnuts, finely chopped and 2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP each fresh parsley, chives, rosemary, and tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP fresh mint, finely chopped and 1 TBSP lemon zest (great on lamb)
- 3 TBSP fresh dill, finely chopped and 1 TBSP orange or lemon zest (great on fish or vegetables)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12.4 g
Saturated Fat 7.4 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 82 mg
Total Carbohydrates 0.2 g
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
Protein 0.2 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2166/compound-butter-recipes/