Herb Infused Compound Butter Recipes
Yield 6 +
Herb infused compound butters combine the fat soluble vitamins in butter with the flavor and health benefits of various herbs for a delicious and simple condiment.
- 1/2 cup of butter (about 4 ounces or 1 stick)- softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of high quality olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil leaves, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, very finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, very finely minced
- Soften butter to room temperature.
- Finely chop all herbs.
- Mince garlic as finely as possible.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and use a fork to mix until all herbs are evenly incorporated.
- Place mixture in to a piece of parchment paper or wax paper and form in to a roll/stick.
- Place in the fridge for at least four hours (or overnight if possible).
- Serve with meats, vegetables or whatever sounds good!
- See variations below.
Flavor Variations (blend these instead of the herbs in the recipe above):-The zest of one organic lemon and one organic lime (great on fish)-3 tablespoons finely minced toasted pecans or walnuts and2 tablespoons of honey -1 tablespoon each of finely minced fresh parsley, chives, rosemary and tarragon-2 tablespoons fresh minced mint and 1 tablespoon lemon zest (great on lamb)-3 tablespoons fresh minced dill weed and 1 tablespoon orange or lemon zest (great on fish or vegetables)
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2166/compound-butter-recipes/