100% Real Cheese Chips Recipe
Baked cheese forms a crispy and salty snack.
- cheese of choice such as cheddar, parmesan, or asiago, freshly grated
- herbs or spices of choice (optional)
- Very lightly oil a cookie sheet with olive oil, or use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Put small piles or folded slices of cheese onto the cookie sheet leaving sufficient space between for spreading.
- Turn the oven on 'Broil' and put the cheese in.
- Watch carefully. It may take a little practice to learn timing. When bubbles slow down slightly and at first sign of browning, it's time to take them out.
- Take out the cheese chips when edges are slightly brown and gently remove them using a thin spatula. Place on towel covered plate to cool.
- When cooled, use just as you would chips for snacking or dipping into homemade sauces.
- To store, wait until fully cooled and pack between layers of waxed paper in a shallow dish.
- sprinkle with green onions or chives before baking
- add a dash of spice of choice such as basil, chili powder, cumin, cajun seasoning, or curry powder
- top each with a thin slice of jalapeño
- make cheese piles a little larger and place them in a bowl immediately after removing from the pan to form a cheese chip "boat" to use as a taco salad shell
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 1040 mg
Total Carbohydrates 4 g
Protein 36 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/2146/cheese-chips/