Sweet and Sour Chicken
Yield 4 -6
Sweet and sour chicken with coconut aminos, spices and citrus juices is a real food alternative to this favorite.
- Cut the chicken in to bite size pieces. I use kitchen scissors for this.
- Place in chicken in a large skillet with butter or coconut oil and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until mostly white. While cooking, add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, turmeric, and paprika.
- After the 5-7 minutes when chicken is mostly cooked, add the lemon juice, coconut aminos, fish sauce and apple cider vinegar and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until pieces are cooked in center.
- Drain off any extra liquid and return to heat.
- Add tomato paste, orange spread, chopped bell pepper, and honey and cook on medium/high for another 3-5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken and chicken starts to brown slightly.
- Remove from heat and serve over cauliflower rice or white rice with sesame seeds and green onions for a garnish.
- Enjoy :-)
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/19839/sweet-sour-chicken/