Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes Recipe
A more nutritious version of mashed potatoes made with buttery cauliflower instead!
- 1-2 heads fresh cauliflower, roughly chopped into uniform, large pieces OR 1-2 bags frozen
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP cream cheese or sour cream (optional)
- 2 TBSP or more Parmesan, grated (optional)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, and other spices to taste
- In a large pot, bring a couple quarts of water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and cook until tender.
- Drain well.
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to large bowl and add butter and optional cream cheese or sour cream and Parmesan.
- Use immersion blender or hand mixer to blend until smooth and creamy. This is the most important step ... chunks of cauliflower are a giveaway!
- Sprinkle with extra cheese if desired and serve warm.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley or chives for a nice garnish!
Option for Instant Pot:
- Wash and quarter cauliflower, removing leaves and stem.
- Add steamer/trivet basket to Instant Pot along with 1 cup water.
- Add cauliflower pieces.
- Set to manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Manually vent/release pressure.
- Open, drain, and remove inner basket.
- Gently squeeze any remaining liquid out of cauliflower and return to pot.
- Add other ingredients and whip until creamy!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.3 g
Saturated Fat 4.8 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 48 mg
Total Carbohydrates 3.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 2 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/1877/mashed-cauliflower/