Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Homemade breakfast sausage with spices, herbs and salt.
- 2 pounds of ground pork (or two pounds of Boston Butt, finely ground)
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt (I like this brand)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon of dried ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Optional: A dash of cayenne pepper and cloves (about 1/8 tsp of each)
- Grind meat with the finest blade of the grinder (if grinding yourself).
- Combine ground pork with other ingredients and mix well.
- Form in to 16 one-inch patties.
- Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
- To cook: Heat in skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side until cooked through.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/17740/homemade-breakfast-sausage/