Skillet Steak & Butternut Latkes
Pair skillet steak with delicious latkes made from fresh butternut squash for a nourishing (and filling) meal!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Salt and pepper steak and set aside
- Put vegetables in baking dish and put in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked
- Grate sweet potatoes or butternut squash with cheese grater or food processor
- Put in large bowl with sliced onion, egg, flour and spices and mix well with hands
- Form into hamburger sized patties and cook in skillet over medium high heat in butter or coconut oil until browned (about 5 minutes per side)
- When latkes are done, put on baking sheet and keep warm in oven with vegetables. Cut butter into pats and put over vegetables at this point.
- Scrape out skillet and cook steak 3-4 minutes per side until desired doneness. When almost done, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and let reduce for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/1744/skillet-steak-butternut-latkes/