Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Delicious chicken and broccoli casserole with optional sour cream, cheese and spices.
- 4 chicken breasts (or the meat from one whole chicken, cooked)
- 1 bag frozen broccoli (or 1 head fresh)
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower (or 1 head fresh)
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ lb cheese (optional)
- 2/3 cup sour cream (optional)
- Parmesan topping (optional)
- 1 tsp of each of these spices or to taste: basil, garlic, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Bake chicken until cooked or cook in a pan. I pre-cook chicken on a weekend so that I can make this recipe easily on a week night.
- In a baking dish, pour frozen broccoli and cauliflower and chopped onion and butter.
- Put in oven until heated and mostly cooked (15-20 minutes).
- While vegetables are heating, chop chicken into bite sized pieces and grate cheese if using
- Remove vegetables from oven, add chopped chicken, spices, sour cream, cheese and ¼ cup water and mix well.
- Top with Parmesan if desired and put back in oven until melted
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/1725/chicken-broccoli-casserole/