Stuffed Chicken Breast
Yield 4 +
Simple baked stuffed chicken breast with loaded cauliflower is a simple and easy meal idea.
- 4 chicken breasts (can double or triple for lunches)
- 1 piece of ham per chicken breast
- 1 slice of cheese per chicken breast (optional) I like pepper jack
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and basil
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4-6 ounces of cheese (optional)
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice chicken breast almost in half, leaving a small amount connected around outside to make a pocket
- Roll a slice of ham around cheese (optional) and stuff into pocket in chicken.
- Place in well oiled (I suggest butter) baking dish and top with additional oil or butter and spices of choice
- Put chicken in oven (total bake time is 45 mins-1hr depending on number of breasts)
- In large oven safe pan (cast iron or ceramic) cook 6 bacon slices until slightly crispy.
- Remove bacon, leaving bacon fat in the pan
- Add the bags of frozen cauliflower and let defrost/cook on low/medium for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Chop the bacon slices and add back in, covering evenly- the cauliflower should be defrosted but not completely cooked at this point.
- Put the pan with the cauliflower/bacon into the oven for 15-20 minutes (remainder of chicken cooking time) and top with cheese (optional) 5-10 minutes before both are done.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/1655/stuffed-chicken-breast/