Stuffed Bell Peppers
Yield 4 +
Simple and delicious stuffed peppers with ground meat, onions, garlic, tomato, zucchini and eggs are a protein-packed meal idea.
- At least 2 Bell peppers (any color)- I suggest making 4 for leftovers
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, or garlic powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or 1 fresh diced)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 raw eggs
- Spices of choice (I used cumin, chili, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, etc)
- Avocado or pre-made guacamole
- Salad or veggie of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown meat in large skillet, add onion and garlic and cook 4 minutes, add zucchini and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add tomatoes, spices and eggs and mix well
- Cut tops off peppers but keep them. Scoop out seeds and spoon meat mixture into peppers (if you are only making 2, you will have extra meat, just make into meat type balls and cook with it)
- Bake in oven 30-40 minutes in glass baking dish until well heated and peppers are slightly browned. Keep an eye on them, this can happen fast.
- Top with guacamole and serve with salad.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/1618/stuffed-bell-peppers/