Parsnip Shrimp Lo Mein
Yield 4 +
A simple one-pan Shrimp Lo Mein that uses parsnip "noodles" in place of regular noodles to up the nutrition without losing flavor.
- I used a spiral slicer to cut the parsnips in to curly noodle shapes. If you don't have one of these, you can use a peeler, or just very thinly slice the noodles.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan or Wok.
- Add the thinly sliced/chopped carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add thinly sliced onion and green beans and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add parsnip noodles and continue sautéing on medium heat for 5-8 minutes until all ingredients are starting to soften.
- Add the garlic powder, pepper, salt, coconut aminos, fish sauce and honey and stir well.
- If using pre-cooked frozen shrimp, add them now and put a lid on the pan to help them heat up.
- If using defrosted pre-cooked shrimp, wait an additional 2 minutes.
- Continue cooking until shrimp are hot and vegetables are all tender.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/13190/parsnip-shrimp-lo-mein/