Parsnip Shrimp Lo Mein
Yield 4 +
A simple one-pan shrimp lo mein that uses parsnip "noodles" in place of regular noodles to up the nutrition without losing flavor.
- Cut the parsnips in to curly noodle shapes using a spiral slicer. If you don't have one of these, you can use a peeler, or just very thinly slice the parsnips.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan or wok.
- Add the chopped carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced onion and green beans and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add parsnip noodles and continue sautéing on medium heat for 5-8 minutes until all ingredients are starting to soften.
- Add the garlic powder, pepper, salt, coconut aminos, fish sauce and honey and stir well.
- If shrimp are frozen, add them now and put a lid on the pan.
- If using defrosted pre-cooked shrimp, wait an additional 2 minutes and then add.
- Continue cooking until shrimp are hot and vegetables are all tender.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16.4 g
Saturated Fat 14.2 g
Cholesterol 239 mg
Sodium 1038 mg
Total Carbohydrates 41.3 g
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 29.3 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/13190/parsnip-shrimp-lo-mein/