Elderberry Popsicles Recipe (Soothing for Sore Throats)
Yield 6 popsicles
These delicious elderberry popsicles are packed with nutrient dense ingredients and antioxidants. We love them for soothing a sore throat or during colds and flu.
- In a small saucepan combine the elderberries and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce and gently simmer for 15 minutes. You’re making elderberry tea here, just extra strength.
- Strain the elderberries from the water with a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Make sure you really squeeze them to get the juice out. Pour the elderberry tea back into the clean saucepan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the elderberry tea and let it absorb for a few minutes.
- If your raw honey is really thick add it to the elderberry tea after the gelatin has gelled a bit.
- Gently heat the mixture over very low heat, stirring slowly just until everything is combined and melty. You don’t want to overheat this, or the honey won’t be raw anymore!
- In blender combine the coconut water and blueberries and blend until smooth.
- Pour the coconut mixture and the lemon juice into the elderberry mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour the elderberry popsicle mix into your favorite popsicle molds and freeze until firm.
You may be tempted to just add everything to the blender, but unfortunately that just makes a whole lot of foam. And foam doesn't freeze into popsicles very well.
This recipe easily doubles if you find yourself quickly eating up these popsicles.
Courses Remedy or dessert
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.2 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Sodium 47 mg
Total Carbohydrates 9.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 1.5 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/130286/elderberry-popsicles/