Easy Chuck Roast Recipe
Yield 6 +
An easy and delicious slow-cooker roast recipe.
- Marinate in spices at least 10 minutes, though several hours is better.
- Brown meat on all sides in a skillet on medium-high heat to lock in juices(optional step that enhances flavor).
- Place roast along with sliced onions and 1-1.5 cups of water or beef broth in a crock pot or roasting pan. Cover tightly.
- After two hours, rough chop carrots and sweet potatoes and add to crock pot. They can be added at the beginning but they will be much softer at the end.
- Cook for 5-7 hours on high in crock pot (8 to 10 on low, but I never get it in that early) or 3-4 hours at 300 degrees
in the oven.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting. Slice against the grain.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/1286/chuck-roast-recipe/