Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A simple and delicious one-pan chicken meal that adds cashews and maple syrup for the crunch and serves in a lettuce wrap for a light and refreshing meal.
- 1 pound of chicken breast or thighs, cut in to bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon natural salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons (or more to taste) Coconut Aminos or naturally fermented soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons (or more to taste) maple syrup (I get mine here)
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- Sliced red onions for garnish
- Bibb lettuce leaves for serving
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the chicken (already cut in to bite sized pieces)
- Sprinkle with the garlic, salt, pepper, and basil (if using) and saute until chicken is almost completely cooked and is no loner translucent.
- Add the coconut aminos and continue to stir until the liquid from the coconut aminos starts to evaporate off.
- Add the maple syrup and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes or until maple syrup and coconut aminos have cooked down and there is very little liquid left in the pan.
- Add cashews and stir until heated.
- Let cool slightly and serve in lettuce leaves, topped with thinly sliced red onions (optional).
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/12813/cashew-chicken-lettuce-wraps/