Vegetable Fried "Rice" Recipe
Yield 4 +
A simple and fast vegetable fried rice that uses cauliflower in place of rice for extra nutrition.
- Finely chop the carrot and onion and zucchini.
- Heat half of the sesame or coconut oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the carrot and onion and sauté until starting to soften.
- Add zucchini and add peas.
- While those are cooking, grate the cauliflower using a cheese grater or food processor.
- When vegetables are cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil and the cauliflower to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes until cauliflower is starting to soften but not mushy.
- Make a hole in the center of the mixture to reach the bottom of the pan and crack the eggs in to the hole.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the coconut aminos and the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs in to the mixture.
- When eggs are cooked, return vegetables to the pan and stir.
- Add the remaining coconut aminos and stir until everything is heated and flavors are combined.
Add precooked chicken to make chicken fried "rice" and a complete meal.
Courses Side Dish
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17.1 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 123 mg
Sodium 405 mg
Total Carbohydrates 15.5 g
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 7.4 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/12630/vegetable-fried-rice/