Vegetable Fried "Rice"
Yield 4 +
A simple and fast vegetable fried rice that uses cauliflower in place of rice for extra nutrition.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and add half of the sesame or coconut oil.
- Finely chop the carrot and onion and add to pan.
- Saute over medium high heat until starting to soften.
- Slice zucchini (if using) and add peas (if using)
- While those are cooking, grate the cauliflower using a cheese grater or food processor.
- When vegetables are cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil and the cauliflower.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes until cauliflower is starting to soften but not mushy.
- Make a hole in the center of the mixture to reach the bottom of the pan and crack the eggs in to the hole.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the coconut aminos and the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs in to the mixture.
- When eggs are cooked, return vegetables to pan and stir.
- Add the remaining coconut aminos and stir until all are heated and flavors are combined.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/12630/vegetable-fried-rice/