Fish Taco Salad Recipe
Yield 4 salads
This simple fish taco salad recipe combines all the delicious ingredients of fish tacos with the extra nutrients of a salad for a delicious and healthy meal.
- 2 TBSP coconut oil or butter
- 1 lb fish of choice such as cod or halibut
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 1 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- 4-6 handfuls of lettuce or salad greens of choice
- 1 cup homemade sauerkraut or fermented beets
- ½ an onion, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- sliced avocado or guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Add fish to heated skillet and cook until flaky and white through the middle.
- When the fish is finished cooking, remove it from the heat and zest the lime and orange over the fish and also squeeze the juice of one lime over it.
- Drizzle with the honey or maple syrup and let rest.
- To serve, top a bed of lettuce with desired amount of sauerkraut/beets, onion, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, and fish.
- Squeeze juice of orange and lime over salads and top with any additional toppings such as salsa, sour cream, and hot sauce.
Nutrition info does not include use of salsa, sour cream, and hot sauce
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 18.2 g
Saturated Fat 9.1 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 1249 mg
Total Carbohydrates 33.3 g
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 30.7 g
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/12364/fish-taco-salad/