Homemade Almond Butter Recipe
Yield 1 cup
Learn how to make almond butter from scratch with this simple recipe.
- 2 cups organic raw almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons liquid oil such as MCT, olive, or walnut
- Put 2 cups of soaked and dehydrated almonds and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend at medium speed until the almonds are powdered.
- Continue to blend. At this point it will be necessary to add the liquid oil. You can start with 1 tablespoon but I ended up adding 2 tablespoons in order to reach the consistency I like.
- If your blade begins to spin freely, stop the blender or food processor and scrape down the sides, pushing the almond powder down to the bottom. It will be necessary to do this several times. If you have a Blendtec, the Twister Jar makes this part extremely easy and you will not need to add as much oil, if any at all.
- Continue to blend, stopping to scrape the sides when necessary, until you reach the creamy consistency of nut butter.
- Store in a clean, dry container for several weeks. It is best for homemade nut butters to be stored in the refrigerator because there are no added preservatives.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/119307/almond-butter-recipe/