Slowcooked Beef Brisket
Yield 10 +
Easy slow-cooked beef brisket that makes a tough cut of meat in to a flavorful and delicious meal with plenty of leftovers.
- Remove brisket from packaging and rinse well. Place in roasting pan or large enough baking dish to hold brisket and the juice it will create when cooked.
- With sharp knife, pierce brisket across the grain to tenderize. Try to pierce every 1/2 inch or so.
- Rub/pour the vinegar or tomato juice on the brisket (this will tenderize).
- Pour liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over brisket (to taste, I usually use 1/3 cup of each).
- Season to taste with pepper, garlic and onion powders and herbs like basil and oregano. (Do not use salt! This will make it tough!)
- Cover pan and put in fridge overnight (at least 12 hours, up to 24).
- In the morning, place in oven, covered,at 300 and cook 8-10 hours (A good rule of thumb is about 40 minutes per pound of meat).
- Baste every hour or so (this is totally optional! There are many days I just stick it in the oven and go).
- When cooked, remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice against the grain in thin slices.
Recipe by Wellness Mama® at https://wellnessmama.com/1037/slow-cooked-beef-brisket/