There is so much health information available online, that sometimes it can be overwhelming to figure out where to start. These easy steps to better health are simple switches you can make to boost health without turning your life upside down overnight! While the long term goal is lasting lifestyle changes, these small steps are a great start and will hopefully lead to more improvement!
Here is the written list…. scroll down for the infographic:
- Squat to Poo: Instead of a regular toilet, use a couple of buckets or a squatty potty to change your toilet posture. Seems like a simple change, but there is a lot of emerging evidence that toilet posture makes a big difference for digestion. This website further explains the most common problems with modern toilet posture and how squatting can help.
- Ditch the Soda: Instead of soda which is filled with artificial flavors and colors (and sweeteners), switch to naturally fermented drinks that provide the carbonation and mild sweetness with a boost of probiotics, beneficial enzymes and nutrients. Our favorites are water kefir soda, homemade ginger ale, kombucha soda, and beet kvass.
- Switch the Oils: Instead of rancid and chemically created vegetable oils like canola and soybean, start using coconut oil, which is packed with beneficial medium chain fatty acids and lauric acid (and which has hundreds of uses).
- Clean Up Your Water:Instead of BPA filled plastic water bottles of chlorinated and fluorinated water, make a small investment with a big health payoff- switch to a water filter that safely removes toxins and carry your water in a glass or steel water bottle.
- Optimize Your Sleep: Sleep is one of the most important things you can do for your health! I’d wager that at least a good part of our current obesity and disease epidemics could be directly or indirectly tied to not enough sleep or poor sleep habits. Make it a priority to get enough sleep nightly and get high quality sleep. Here are some tips for optimizing sleep and for some people, using a homemade magnesium oil can also help improve sleep.
Check out the infographic below and share with family and friends 🙂
What 5 steps would you recommend to improve your family’s health? Share below!